- I am a highly knowledgeable, creative and resourceful Music Teacher with experience in developing students’ interest in and appreciation of music through teaching theory, history and practical skills
- Teaching private and group lessons, assessing Students' progress and performance
- Planning and preparing lessons, preparing term lesson Timetables and music Reports each semester
- Providing constructive feedback and guidance to Students
- Maintaining order and discipline during ensemble rehearsals and performances
- Communicating with parents, teachers and other professionals, both formally and informally
- Overseeing and supervising extracurricular music activities
- Deciding on the most appropriate teaching methods to suit the particular needs of each student
- My goals are to inspire Students to achieve better results and become more confident using music as a discipline and a forum for creative expression
- Teaching individual and group instrumental private Suzuki Method string lessons
- Evaluating Students’ interests, ability temperament, and individual characteristics to determine
- suitable structure for lessons to encourage self discipline and continuous improvement
- Playing a wide range (11 different kinds) of instruments to connect with Students, inspire them to take
- up music, and demonstrate musical scales, tones, and rhythm
- Conduct group ensemble rehearsals, instruct and coach members in their individual parts, in the
- fundamentals of musicianship, and ensemble performance
- • Confidently lead the String Ensemble in regular and special performances for school programs,
- community activities, concerts, and festivals
Meeting with parents of Students to encourage musical growth and resolve any Student problems
I am a creative professional musician with 26 years experience in Classical and Celtic music fields, dedicated and self motivated to provide music tuition
- Confident and experienced in private and group tuition
- 32 years experience on the Violin, 20 years on Cello and Viola and 6 years experience on Harp
- Actively involved over the years in Philharmonic Orchestras, City Orchestras, Chamber Groups, Bush
- Bands, String Quartets, Old Time Dance Bands and performed Solo at many Concerts, Weddings and Private Functions
- Musical Director of the Moreton Celtic Fiddle Club (having held the position since starting the group in Sept 2007)
- Recent experience working with a film producer in composing and recording music for a movie
I began learning the Violin at the age of 6 studying under the first International Suzuki Violin teacher Ms Hirrokio Primrose.
At age 8 I was part of a group of students who travelled to Japan to perform at the International Suzuki Violin School, at concerts throughout Japan and have private lessons from Dr Sinichi Suzuki.
I completed my study of the Suzuki Method then furthered my qualifications by studying A.Mus.A in Violin & Cello at the Conservatorium under the direction of Wollongong Symphony Orchestra 1st Violinist Alice Fitsummons.
Over the years I have performed at the Wollongong & Sydney Conservatorium & the Sydney Opera House.
I have held positions in the Central Coast Orchestra, Central Coast chamber group, Launceston Philharmonic and the Launceston City Orchestra,
In 1987 I moved to Tasmania where I was introduced to the vibrant and exciting energy of Celtic Music, which has become a dominant part of my teaching style.
Having experience playing with Celtic groups such as the
"Tasmanian Celtic Fiddle Club", "Liffey Folk Club", "De-ja-vu", Strings & Things, Roscoes, over a 12-year period with Performances all over Tasmania. Melinda attends a regular yearly pilgrimage with advanced students to Celtic Music camps & schools in Tasmania & Victoria and the National folk festival Canberra.
For 26 years I have taught the Suzuki method for strings in Catholic & State education in Tasmania & Qld as well as privately.
In 2007 I founded the MCFC (Moreton Celtic Fiddle Club), which has grown from 12 – 61 members. Through MCFC I continue to share my passion for Celtic Music with my students and members of the public.
I am a strong believer in encouraging ALL of my students to be involved in performances for their school ensemble/orchestras. Also extending that further by becoming involved in the many community music groups available.
I currently teach
Violin, Cello, Viola, Harp
Contact details - email@example.com